Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson is a wonderful carefree book that is simple to read and brings a smile to any ones face.

Nancy writes a lot of books that inspires children, books against anti-bullying, or books to help the self esteem. She is a great writer that writes books to keep the spirit and courage of all her readers high.

This book is about a little pig and how she likes to accomplish things that are hard. She likes to brush or teeth and pick out her own clothes. " I like my curly tail, my round tummy and my tiny little feet. " This book is inspirational because it is about a little pig that loves everything about herself. She even talks about how she messes up making a cake and decorating it that she will keep on trying and trying until she is able to do so.

I love this book for all the students especially since I am going to teach kindergarten, and I believe this is perfect especially for little girls. This book will show that even will a different type of body you are able to enjoy your life and your body. I love this book!!

7 comments:

  1. This book does sound great! Kids are getting more self conscious about themselves and how others see them at a younger age nowadays. it would be a great book to read to the class and have them write what they love about themselves. It will make them more comfortable with their differences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sound wonderful! The other day, my niece, who is in 3rd grade, came up to me because a couple of girls said she "wasn't pretty." I never thought about how other people looked in elementary school! Body dissatisfaction and bullying are showing up at an earlier age, and we need to figure out how to show the kids that it's not okay, and what's a better way to introduce these problems than with literature?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to read this book! children need to know they are who they are and that they should not worry what other people think about them. this would be a great book to use for children are having a bad day or if they are think poorly about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an excellent book for young children. I like that in the book that the pig loves everything about herself. It is crucial for children to love themselves and not feel like they need to change themselves. There are many problems that children have with self-esteem and teaching a book like this is a must read, because they need to know that everyone is special in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember reading this book when I was younger and it is such a great book! You are very right that it is a carefree book that will put a smile on anyones face! Plus some really great confidence ideas are brought up in this book that are so important for younger children to learn and remember! I know I loved this book when I was younger so others are sure to as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I am in love with this book already and I haven't even read it. I think this is such a great way to show students that it is important to love themselves no matter what. You can lead this into a lesson about diversity in and out of the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is great for children. It helps girls in today's society love their body how it is. This is a huge issue, and being happy with how you are is something every child should learn.

    ReplyDelete